Yuri Level of the Day!


Today's yuri level is:

2, until I find out otherwise

女, 女女, 女, 女女女! 少女!

If you don't know what the title of this post is referring to, go to The Original, then The Vocaloid version. If you've seen it and get all the references, see The Strawberry Panic! version.

Hello, all! The Aria post has been indefinitely postponed due to unforseen circumstances. In other words, my midterms snuck up on me, so now I have to actively focus on them. And since I don't want my flow of posts to completely stagnate (read: I'm procrastinating), today's post will be something more light hearted.

Today's post will be about... GIRLS!

That's right, girls. And by girls, I don't mean those icky real ones that are mean and kinda gross sometimes. No, I'm talking about the epitome of beauty, the wonderful personalities, the hair...! I'm talking about anime girls. Yes, those girls that you watch on the internets and love to pair together with other girls in the same show (or maybe from other shows!). Those girls that got me to see the light and yearn to spread the wisdom of yuri...!

[/sarcasm]

While I will be talking about girls today, rather than the over-dramatized position I gave above, I'm just going to go over my favorite type of girls in anime. The presence of these types of personalities will instantly have me watching the series. Whether I continue watching or not is a different matter. So, basically, this post is just me procrastinating being bored and wanting to update. If you're here just for the reviews, I'm sure Aria will be up... sometime. Now, without further ado, let's go!



In an effort to make this as simple and succinct as possible, here's a list of Do Wants and Do Not Wants.

Do Want
Noble Lady Type (Ojou-sama)
Quiet
Vamp
Tomboy
Tall and Cool
Fighter
Eccentric/Random
YURI

Do Not Want
Loli
Gloating
Ditzy
Yandere
Clingy
Tsundere
Disgustingly Naive
NOT YURI


Those of you who read other yuri blogs may notice a couple familiar points. This is because I took most of this list from Yuribou's Guide to Fanservice for Animators - Character Types. WARNING: BANNER MAY OR MAY NOT BE WORK SAFE. PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

Of course, these are just generalizations that I tend to like. There are exceptions. For example, Kagami of Lucky Star fame is widely considered a Tsundere, but I do like her. Also, Tomo from Azumanga Daioh is definitely a Tomboy type, but I dislike her. A lot. And the YURI and NOT YURI only mean potential for yuri. Therefore, if someone is canonically taken and is not a person I really like, she is NOT YURI. Everyone else would be YURI. Get it? Got it? Good.

And that's it for... What's that? You want pictures? OK, then, how about pics of my favorite characters! What an egocentric post this is... And no jokes about Freud please. Kudos to anybody who can sort these characters according to Yuribou's Guide.

Pictures with multiple people mean that I like all of them. And, as always, click on an image to magnify.

Sakurazaki Setsuna



Amachi Hitsugi and Miyamoto Shizuku



The Outers

Fate Testarossa-Harlaown





Megurine Luka


Miura Azusa, Kisaragi Chihaya, Kikuchi Makoto


And that's it for today! See ya next time! And hopefully it won't take more than a week again...

No comments:

Post a Comment